The University of Michigan Black Alumni goals and aspirations are:
- Increase the involvement of Black Alumni in the Alumni Association of University of Michigan (AAUM)
- Increase involvement of Black Alumni in U-M programs, activities, and events
- Develop and advance scholarship programs that aid Black students in pursuing their educational goals at the U-M
- Inform alumni of the concerns, problems, and progress of Black alumni, students, faculty, and staff
- Provide an environment of support and camaraderie for Black alumni, faculty, staff, students, and friends
- Assist the U-M in identifying ways to implement initiatives determined to enhance the performance and educational experience of Black students, focus on mentorship of Black students, and contribute to student recruitment and retention programs.
Through these and other efforts, Black Alumni are building a tradition of leadership and commitment to the University of Michigan and the Black community.